Refund Policy - Including Covid Policy
COVID-19 CAKE ORDERS/BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
Unfortunately, we cannot issue a refund on any bookings. We will however offer a date change or a credit note for the full value when at least 7 days given notice. If you cancel within 7 days of your booking you will lose the cost of the entire booking.
We reserve the right to cancel a cake under certain extreme circumstances due to Covid-19 restrictions and government policies.. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a booking we will offer a full credit note for the cost of the cake, or a transfer to another date of your choosing for a cake of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a booking.
ZARA CAKES SCHOOL BOOKINGS
Unfortunately, we cannot issue a refund on any class or course bookings. We recommend taking out the appropriate insurance to cover your costs incase you are unable to attend for any reason.
If you wish to book onto a different class or course this may be possible in some circumstances and transfers will be at the discretion of Zara Cakes dependent on space availability. We reserve the right to cancel a class or course under certain circumstances including Covid-19. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a class or course we will offer a full credit note for the cost of the class or the course, or a transfer to another class of the same price. We will endeavour to advise you as far in advance as possible if we need to cancel a class due to government guidelines and restrictions.
Refund & Exchange Policy
- Due to the handcrafted workmanship of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges for custom orders and/or birthday/celebration cakes either bought from our website or directly via our zara cakes warehouse.
- Once you or a designated party has picked up an order, it is considered "accepted" – Upon pick up please ensure that the design, spellings, colours and/or specific requests made at the time of booking are correct before leaving with your cake/s. - Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after the collection of your cake.
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Please bare in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below. * We have many years of experience and can recognise when a cake has not been transported correctly.
- Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up - please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of ZaraCakes.
- Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. *Store credit percents are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours of the pick up or delivery.
- If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be given as a store credit (no cash/money refunds will be given) NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake
We do not give refunds under any other circumstances.
Refunds are only given within 7 days.