Terms & Conditions
1. Amendments to Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to amend or change Zara Cakes terms and conditions at any time, without notice. It is the website visitors responsibility to read the current terms & conditions, as continued site use constitutes agreement to be bound by said terms and conditions.
We also reserve the right to cancel or terminate this website and any of its content at any time without notice.
Under no circumstances do we acknowledge a purchase contract from this website until you have received an order confirmation via email at the point a money transaction has taken place.
On the rare occasion we discover an error in your order which could include incorrect pricing or not in stock, for example) we will notify you immediately via your email.
We never dispatch an order from this website or our shops until it has been paid for in full. We reserve the right to cancel your order and refund the cost in full. Payment methods are via chosen payment providers and are open to change as we deem appropriate.
Purchases made through Zara Cakes website are non-transferable. All prices include VAT at the current UK rate. We reserve the right to change the price of any product(s) at any time, without prior notice.
All content contained within this website is the property of Zara Cakes Ltd. All rights are reserved. You are not authorised to use, change or duplicate any of this site’s content without our express permission.
It is the customers / website users responsibility to provide correct email information. We are not liable or responsible for emails that arrive in your spam or junk folders.
It is the users responsibility to provide correct shipping address. Once the goods have been despatched Zara Cakes are not liable for additional shipping or product costs due to incorrect customer information being provided to us.
Zara Cakes is committed to protecting our customer's privacy. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights.
1) What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
• Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, product reviews, or emails.
• Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
• Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
• Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
• Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site; a
How we use your personal data
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
• To fulfil your order
• To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
• To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
• For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
• To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
• For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Providing your personal data to others
* Financial transactions relating to our website and services are handled by our payment services providers, Stripe. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at https://stripe.com/gb.
* We will pass your personal details, specifically your name, email address, shipping address and any products to be sent to you to our fulfilment centre or our warehouse setting so that they can pack your orders.
*In order to process your subscription or cake orders, your details may be held or passed to any or all of the following organisations:
Stripe – our payment processor for credit and debit cards
Seguno & or shopify – for email marketing
Fulfilment centre – for the packing and sending of our products and shop orders
In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section, we may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Retaining and deleting personal data
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us.
For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it.
Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent un authorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
Our website can include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated
Contact us with questions.
This website is owned and operated by Zara Cakes
You can contact us:
using our website contact form;
by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
by email, using the email address published on our website or across our social media channels.